The objective and priorities of international cooperation
To fully use opportunities provided by the activity of the Competition Council in the EU and global networks of competition authorities: to participate in development of regulatory enactments at the EU level, participate in information and experience exchange, and, if necessary – joint investigation of infringements or market inquiry.
Most significant international organizations and networks
- The objective of the European Competition Network (ECN) is to ensure a possibility for competition authorities of Member States of the European Union to discuss application of Article 101 (prohibited agreements) and Article 102 (abuse of dominant position) of the Treaty on the Functioning of the European Union, and to promote cooperation among these authorities.
- Within the framework of the International Competition Network (ICN), information and experience exchange among competition surveillance authorities from around the world is ensured, thus promoting a dynamic dialogue, which, in its turn, serves as a basis for development of common understanding and justified principles of competition policy.
ICN Cartel combating guide - Latvia
Cartel combating guides for other countries
- The objective of the Organization of Economic Cooperation and Development (OECD) is to support economic growth, promote employment, raise the quality of life, maintain financial stability, support economic growth of other countries and to facilitate increase in trade. One of essential directions of activity of this organization is exactly competition surveillance.
- In late 2011, the Competition Council received and official invitation from OECD to participate in OECD Competition Committee as an observer. This status gives the Competition Council an opportunity to gain international experience and participate in development of the international economic policy.
- Cooperation among competition surveillance authorities of the Baltic States is particularly strengthened through one of the tree states organising the Baltic Competition Conference.